We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for an existing Web Designer with some experience to join our growing team. If that’s you, then you’ll be joining one of Nottingham’s largest marketing agencies. We expect candidates to know their CSS from their SASS and to have done their homework. You’ll work in our incredible city centre office, alongside a fantastic team of like-minded, creative people. You’ll also have at least 12 months relevant experience, a portfolio that shines and the enthusiasm to work hard.
In return you’ll enjoy the benefits of a competitive salary, working in the heart of Nottingham City (working remotely isn’t an option right now), as well as an NHS top-up scheme, free company gym, cycle to work scheme, pension plan, flexitime and much more.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
You should have a broad but substantial knowledge of Web Design practices including:
- Design – designing from scratch using industry-standard design tools like Photoshop, with a good knowledge of hierarchy, conversions and lead-generation, as well as using prototype software like Marvel
- Code – coding in HTML, PHP, jQuery and SCSS to modern standards, usage of common CMS systems like WordPress, and version control systems like Git
- Content Marketing – using design and code skills to provide and deliver interactive and engaging pieces
- CRO – in conjunction with our marketing teams you will work to improve the performance of client websites, identified through UX tools and Analytics
All of the above will be executed with a view to delivering excellent end results to our clients.
Your work will be of a consistent, high standard in all aspects of your job.
Research & Development
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the industry, you will assist with department development by researching new techniques, tools, processes and products in line with the company and department objectives.
- Work as part of a team on department projects and ensure all assigned tasks are completed to the required standard and within the assigned time frame.
Mentoring / Knowledge Share
- From time to time, act as a mentor to junior team members, providing advice and support when their team leader is not available.
- Partake in knowledge share sessions, providing personal insight on topics you have experienced, experimented on, researched / read up on.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- At least 1 year working experience in the field of Web Design / Front-end Development
- Good knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to work fast and manage your own time and tasks
- Confident liaising with other people and teams, as well as clients and account managers
- Share with us a really impressive portfolio of online work.
- Able to talk through your past design choices.
- Exposure to DNS, nameservers, servers and domains, and how they are used in production environments.
- An understanding of SEO & PPC principles, and how they should be considered at design stage.
In return, you can enjoy…
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- A new, modern office space in Nottingham City Centre, with great facilities.
- Flexible working hours.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- Pension plan.
- Free server space for hosting your own websites.
- A generous freelance policy.
- Annual appraisals and monthly 1-to-1 meetings.
- Annual corporate fun day, AGM and Christmas parties.
To apply, we'd like you to send us a cover letter telling us why you're great, CV, portfolio link, and your salary expectation.
Please remember to send us any links to existing work you think would support your application.
AGENCIES: Please don’t contact us. We just don’t work that way.