We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Web Designer to join our team. If that’s you, then you’ll be joining one of Nottingham’s largest marketing agencies. We expect candidates to know their CSS from their SASS and to have done their homework. You’ll work in our incredible city centre office, alongside a fantastic team of like-minded, creative people. You’ll also have a portfolio and the enthusiasm to work hard.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will be working with a number of new and existing clients within a dedicated multi-disciplined client team, supporting existing marketing efforts and delivering solutions that meet our client goals and needs.
In return you’ll enjoy the benefits of a competitive salary, working in the heart of Nottingham City, as well as an NHS top-up scheme, free company gym, cycle to work scheme, pension plan, flexitime and much more.
This is a full-time temporary role to cover maternity leave, and could last up to 12 months with potential for a permanent position afterwards.
We’re looking for someone that can start early October, but the date is flexible for the right candidate.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
You should have a broad knowledge or awareness of Web Design practices including:
- Design – designing from scratch using industry-standard design tools like Photoshop, with a good knowledge of hierarchy, conversions and lead-generation, as well as using prototype software like Marvel.
- Code – coding in HTML, PHP, JQuery and SCSS to modern standards, usage of common CMS systems like WordPress, and version control systems like Git.
- Content Marketing – using design and code skills to provide and deliver interactive and engaging pieces.
- CRO – in conjunction with our marketing teams you will work to improve the performance of client websites, identified through UX tools and Analytics.
All of the above will be executed with a view to delivering excellent end results to our clients.
Your work will be of a consistent, good standard in all aspects of your job.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Sounds understanding of UX principles.
- Working knowledge / experience in PHP and WordPress.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to work fast and manage your own time and tasks.
- Confident liaising with other people and teams, as well as clients and account managers.
- Experience with DNS, nameservers, servers and domains, and how they are used in production environments.
- Share with us a good portfolio of online work.
- Able to talk through your past design choices.
- Experience in Git and versioning control.
- An understanding of SEO & PPC principles, and how they should be considered at design stage.
In return, you can enjoy…
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- A new, modern office space in Nottingham City Centre, with great facilities.
- Flexible working hours.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- Pension plan.
- Free server space for hosting your own websites.
- A generous freelance policy.
- Appraisals and monthly 1-to-1 meetings.
- Company social events.
To apply, we'd like you to send us a cover letter telling us why you're great, CV, portfolio link, and your salary expectation.
Please remember to send us any links to existing work you think would support your application.
AGENCIES: Please don’t contact us. We just don’t work that way.