- Work autonomously, design, build, code and set live bespoke, higher spending, larger client websites.
- Build successful working relationships with clients including attending client meetings, ensuring a full understanding of their business requirements, restrictions and goals.
- Liaising with the Account Manager (AM) to get a design tailored to clients’ needs and utilising your own extensive experience.
- Be responsible for all your own projects and recurring marketing work and take initiative to drive them forward without reminders and without unnecessary involvement from Account Managers.
- Work with relevant teams and disciplines to analyse available data/information to increase performance and create strategies for client development, and guide the client in how to best utilise web design services for their company.
- Be a role model in delivering high quality work, recording all tasks undertaken and documenting performance, issues and outcomes, so it can be accessed as and when required.
People Management & Training
- Management and development of web design direct-reports within the team, including holding regular 1:1 sessions and annual reviews.
- Inducting, providing and/or overseeing training for new web designers in the team, relating to their job role, key tasks and responsibilities.
- Assisting your direct reports with any queries or problems that arise with clients, wider company or other teams, seeing them through to a satisfactory resolution, or escalating them when necessary.
- Identifying performance and behavioural issues within your team and implement behaviour / performance improvement plans as necessary. Document, monitor and review progress against expectations.
- Assist with the recruitment and interviewing of potential new web design members of the team.
- Working with the Head of Front End Development, develop and implement quality control activities, checklists etc to ensure the quality of website delivery.
- Monitor the progress and performance of the web designers in your team, ensuring all work is appropriate, completed to the required standard, using agreed procedures and by the required deadlines.
- Carry out activities to identify any errors, weaknesses, and potential points of failure in your team members work providing corrective and developmental feedback.
- Feed quality issues and ideas into your direct reports’ development plans and any common issues/ideas into the web design function as a whole / Head of Front End Development.
Work Planning & Allocation
- Work with the CTM to support the organisation, distribution and throughput of web design work utilising and updating the company’s systems.
- Driving web projects to go-live by overseeing web projects in the team, supporting the web designer with any challenges/problems and report the status of the project to the Head of FED and Customer Operations Director on a weekly basis.
- Have oversight and assess the capacity of your direct reports and feed this information into the CTM to assist in the allocation of work.
- Request regular updates from your direct reports on their progress and output of work, solving any work flow problems and inform the CTM accordingly.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Experience: 4+ years
Advanced Knowledge of:
- Figma / XD / Photoshop
- Commercial Design Understanding
- Responsive Techniques
Proficient knowledge of:
- Command Line Interface (CLI) / NodeJS / GIT
Basic knowledge of:
- Internet Marketing (i.e. PPC / SEO)
- Twig & Timber
- Previous Relevant Managerial Experience
- Experience with other Content Management Systems
- Ecommerce experience
- JAMStack Experience
In return, we offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours and a generous hybrid work-from-home policy. You will also receive excellent benefits, including a health care scheme, cycle-to-work program, company-contributed pension as well as social events throughout the year.
If you think you're ready for the next step in your web design career, we'd love to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
From £30,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- web design or front-end: 4 years (preferred)
- Direct people management: 1 year (required)