The work we do here at Adtrak speaks for itself, but the people who do the work can also speak and we’d like you to meet them.
Our next instalment of our staff profile series features Nina Limbrick, a Web Designer who joined Adtrak in April 2017. Find out Nina’s tasks, responsibilities and personal highlights…
What are your daily tasks and responsibilities?
As a Web Designer, no two days are ever the same! However, in summary, my days usually consist of the following:
- A cup of coffee in hand, always!
- Working on clients’ websites – this can consist of absolutely anything: blog set-ups, SSL upgrades, adding new pages / locations to websites and updating the existing content
- Managing workflow and keeping an open line of communication with my line managers
- Dealing with ad hoc requests that may come through from other departments or the client themselves
What about regular monthly tasks?
- Monthly marketing package meetings and stand-ups – always with a reasonable dose of banter!
- Attending department training sessions which allow for better practices and industry knowledge
- Designing and coding tailored websites – testing, testing and, yeah you guessed it, more testing before we click the big green button!
- Site optimisations on our clients’ websites to improve loading times and aid the SEO work done by our Internet Marketers
You joined Adtrak in April 2017. What have been your highlights since then?
My highlights have been my growth in character and technical ability. I have a harsh inner critic so having moments this year where I’ve produced work that I’m happy with, whether that be putting a website I’ve coded live or helping someone out, in some ways affirms me. Having supportive colleagues and a team leader around you helps with this too.
What is the most challenging part of your role?
The biggest challenge is mental exhaust. While working in a creative role, it’s important that you absorb as much inspiration as you pour out.
What is the most rewarding part of your role?
For me, it’s really personal. I love that I not only get to be a designer but also a developer and (hopefully) in a small way inspire more women to get into STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Representation is so important and the diversity we have at Adtrak is really great!
What would be your perfect weekend?
By day, I’m brunching with friends at The Speciality Coffee Shop and visiting Broadway for a film. By night, I’m exploring Arcadia Bay, Los Santos or post-apocalyptic lands. Sunday is funday at Heart Church with my family!